|Monivea, Co.Galway||Click Image to Open Gallery|
Minor repairs and consolidation to Monivea Church
Built circa. 1765 the church was in use until 1924. Over the following decades the roof collapsed and numerous lightning strikes caused serious damage to the structure. Due to the unstable nature of the bell tower, work had to be carried out from a mobile crane. Shrubs and vegetation were carefully removed from the stone work and pinnacles. Limecrete was laid to the top of the wall in a bid to consolidate the stonework.